"If you're not alive, San Francisco will bring you to life." ~ William Saroyan ⠀
📷 @6unr6uns ⠀
19135 minutes ago
A few facts about Mt Rainier. With 4,392 m elevation it’s the tallest mountain in the Cascades Range. It’s an active volcano posing a grave threat to the Seattle metropolitan area./ В некоторых местах к Mount Rainier можно подойти так близко, что кажется, что до него можно дотянуться рукой. Хотя это, конечно, неправда. Вершина вулкана покрыта 26 (!) ледниками, при этом это одно из популярных направлений для скалолазания в регионе, и туда постоянно совершаются сотни восхождений. Mount Rainier - активный вулкан, который легко может рвануть и тогда всем ближайшим городам настанет капец. Поэтому он входит в десятку самых опасных вулканов мира, за которыми постоянно наблюдают, чтобы максимально точно предсказать извержение и успеть быстро эвакуировать население. Будем надеяться, что в ближайшие лет 100-200 этого не случится.
Angels Landing 😇
#tbt back to October. The view from the top was amazing. I just read the trail is currently down because of a huge storm and mudslides. The Virgin River seen here increased from 7 to 16 feet! Such a tragedy but hopefully it will be repaired.
It's a beautiful summer's day on the San Clemente Pier. The sky is a pale blue. The palm fronds sway side to side, dancing with the morning breeze. A couple of surfers head into the water. 🏄♀️ A pigeon lands near me, posing for 1 second so I could snap a photo, then flies off. 🐦 I hear laughter & waves crashing. 🌊 This is California. ☀️ 🌴What’s your favourite California city? Any hidden gems? 💎 I still have so much of California to explore. 🤓
Just booked my first lodging for my upcoming trip to Deep South USA. The famed Shack Up Inn in Clarksdale located in the heart of Mississippi Delta, cradle of the blues. Spending 2 nights in Chicken Coop, one of the authentic sharecropper’s shacks. Amazing décor and theme. It’s a B&B, that’s bed and beer 😜. So late nights, unforgettable music but I’d better make sure I check-out on time, as the owners will wait outside my bedroom window, holding a chain saw at one minute after check-out time...as mentioned on their website 😬.
Hi 👋 This is @destinationroamer again. Currently on a 6 week trip through the US and Canada. 🇺🇸 🇨🇦 🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂
This picture was taken in Monument Valley in Utah, which is Navajo (Native American) land. 😍 Travelling around in Utah and Arizona every other park was protected by the Navajo.
There was no available hotel nearby and as watching the sunset & sunrise in this magical place was a major thing for me, I booked an airbnb right in Monument Valley. It was the most expensive accomodation on my whole trip (having even stayed in 4 star resorts a few nights) but it was also the most rustic. There was no electricity and no WiFi. Even AT&T data did not work in Arizona, Utah and parts of Nevada, you needed Verizon. Ops. But we charged our phones in the car. Also there was just one bed in a room and an outhouse next to the little cottage. No running water (wetwhipes are essential). Needless to say, 1 night was enough. Lol. But it was worth the experience!
We had BBQ under the stars outside in the sand and payed attention to sounds so we wouldn't step on rattle snakes. ✨ In the morning we woke up right before the sunrise to capture the beauty of mother earth 🌄🌎 (see this jawdropping photo by clicking @destinationroamer and scroll down to 3 weeks ago).
This has been an amazing month! ❤ I travelled Toronto, LA, St George (Zion National Park), Page (Antelope Canyon & Horseshoe Bend), Monument Valley (+Arches NP), Las Vegas (+ Valley of Fire), Grand Canyon, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, San Francisco, Monterey, Big Sur, Ventura, LA, San Diego... Where in the US would YOU travel if you had one whole month?
For more pics from my trip go to 📸😍➡️ @destinationroamer
PS: Fun fact... did you know that in Sweden you are guaranteed 5 weeks vacation minimum - by law! In addition to that we have plenty of national holidays which pretty much makes it 7 weeks. That's why you meet so many Swedes while travelling (although our nation is small 🇸🇪)
• Perfect mix of city & nature 🌄 • I am at La Jolla watching the sunset with seals and sea lions.
644175:36 PM Jul 7, 2018
• Book worm 🤓 • Has a certain book ever had a great inpact on you? My favorite book growing up was Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom on the deeper life questions and philosophy. During my early adulthood being crazy about history and Cuba in particular my favorite book was Our History Is Still Being Written. My most recent favorite book was Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker. "What you focus on expands" 🙏
640123:06 AM Jul 4, 2018
What's more american than eating a hamburger? 🇺🇸 Come to Hollywood & Vine for the best veggie burger in LA! 🥑😋 Soon opening up in West Hollywood and Santa Monica 🤙 #foodie
621191:04 AM Jul 4, 2018
• Beautiful earth 🌎 • I was so happy to find these sunflowers and at the same time witness the sun miraculously disappear behind a cloud making the sun look red. Magical moment 😍😍😍 This is the closest I ever come to religion 🙏
5721811:35 PM Jun 30, 2018
• California Love 😍 • Is it just me or does this hot spring look like the shape of a heart? 🤔❤
601202:40 AM Jun 29, 2018
• Somewhere in Nevada 🤠✌ •
Real life reminds me of some movie I've seen 🤔
488148:26 PM Jun 28, 2018
• Karl Shakur and Jacob got me up on this rock but I knew I needed to flip it in my own personal way 🏔💪 • Go follow 2 of my biggest inspirations @karl_shakur and @jacob 📸✌
5581710:54 AM Jun 28, 2018
• I woke up like this ⛰😊 • Rented an Airbnb in the wilderness of Monument Valley and the night was clear with an amazing sky full of stars. We grilled meat over an open fire and had a few beers. Really cool experience. And the mornings aren't bad neither! Here I am watching the sunrise 😍 Follow me for more 📸👈
785168:46 PM Jun 26, 2018
• When you stop exploring, your soul dies. 💃• How crazy isn't this shot? Today I want to take a moment and express gratitude for the opportunity to live a life that I am passionate about and travel the world and see all these magical places on our earth. NEVER give up on your dreams!
678212:21 PM Jun 25, 2018
• Dreams come true 💜 • Visiting the Antelope Canyon was truly a bucketlist moment 😍😍😍 Was walking on purple clouds afterwards 😆
583221:09 PM Jun 25, 2018
• Zion National Park 🏔💪 • Another day of hiking & adventure in America's third most visited National Park. I still managed to find these uncrowded gems.
553211:01 AM Jun 24, 2018
• Nevada desert landscapes 🏜 •
This is a temporary art exhibition out in the middle of nowhere. Cool pit stop on our way to the national parks in Utah & Arizona. However, 42° degrees yall (110F). Crazzzzyyyyy 🤠
661187:43 PM Jun 22, 2018
• Taking a lil coffee break and resting my feet 👣 • Yesterday upon arrival I walked all around Downtown Toronto for 7 hours! This morning I woke up before sunrise and put in another 7 hours of walking! I love city exploring, man. And I love the start of my 6 week adventure!! 🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃 This is such a cool city in so many ways.